2009年2月7日星期六

Community Involvement & Employability Skills(Volunteer/Work Experience )

log:



For my winter holiday’s homework. But also for more social contacts, improve my social capabilities, in the January 23 to February 1 this time, I went to Zhongshan East Road, No. 311-1 Nanjing Donggong restaurant l to make a 10-day volunteers.Two hours a day working hours made me so tired, but I was more pleased. During this period, I learned how to get along together with staff here,I know work in cooperation is most important thing, every day have a smile greeted the staff and guests can make a better change of mood.
January 23, 10:00 AM .I arrived at the Donggong restaurant, the restaurant's manager told me that my job is transfer food, he let me for a white overalls, and told me some simple rules. Then I entered the Restaurant 206 rooms. There is also has an attendant here, she said I could call her Ms.Huang. Ms.Huang told me that this restaurant open for business from 11:00, our work is only sent to the plates to the guests, and then tell them the names of dishes.Or Add drinks to the guests, so as long as careful with this. Do not let plates broken or cups basic so have no problem.Ms.Huang said, when you add the drinks, either hot or cold drink and pour it into the two-thirds of the cup is enough, This will become even more beautiful. Every dish have to remember to tell guests the name of dish, so that they can know what they eat. And remenber every dish must let the masters of the main table to eat first.s This seems more polite; If have soup,we must use the small bowl in accordance with sub-equal to the guests.Ms.Huang accountable this after the restaurant has been open for business.
Today we habe eight guests, Ms.Huang Let me add drink for them first, I always add more or make drink to splashing out, perhaps not in the habit of beginning is also the reason why. First they chat over a period of time ,then they called we serve, we end eight cold dishes, Ms.Huang and I end the dishes for them, in the beginning my hands tremble a little bit,I feel a little nervous and always pay attention to the foot, so I am a bit slow, I told the guests that I just come her to practice first day.If I have some problem that they need forgiven, they are able to understand me, this let me moved and let me work more seriously. And then we end hot dishes, I often forget the names of dishes, obviously I remembered them, but I can not remember when I end the dish,I just stood there and do not know how to do, Ms.Huang always helped me with a smile, the guests also do not care.Finally we end the staple food, the staple food is noodles, noodles need to put in the bowl to the guests,but I always put them out.But Ms.Huang helped me solve this problem, I really thank her very much. Recognition of guests before they left, and said to me that I am pretty good. After work, managers and Ms.Huang are quite satisfactory to me, I’ll give myself 7.5 point. the end of today’s work, the manager told me that tomorrow I can arrive at 10:30, because something happens he tell to me today, but tomorrow will be not. When I left the hotel the time has more than 13 o'clock.
This internship lasted for 10 days, my volunteer work is over,before leaving there,managers and Ms.Huang told me they are very welcome I come here when summer holiday (although during this period I has been broken one plates and two cups).
The summary of my internship are: To do anything to be taken seriously and try our best. Has an error does not matter, timely corrective action be just fine. And we shoud polite to everyone. From this practice, I also found a friendly is so important to us. I believe I will be doing next time better.

没有评论: